Saturday, March 28, 2009

Working Girl

Since having Harper, Robbie and I have truly realized what a challenge it is to live state(s) away from our parents. We are so fortunate though to know they will come at the drop of a hat when we need them. And last week was definitely one of those times.

On Monday my old school called to see if I could come in for a few days because one of the counselors welcomed her sweet baby girl a few weeks early. I was happy to fill in, but felt a little scrambled because training for the part-time job I'm starting was also scheduled for last week. In a panic, I called Gail (Harper's Grammy) to see if she could possibly spend a night or two. Without hesitation, Gail completely dropped EVERYTHING she had planned and was at our house bright and early the next morning, ready to spend the entire week doing whatever we needed. It was unbelievably fantastic.

Since this was the first time I'd left Harper for more than a couple hours, I was a little nervous and of course called a million times the first day. But Gail so calmly took the reigns and knowing that Harper was in such loving hands, I had a great week getting out of the house and being around adults EVERY DAY. It really turned out to be a little "mommy vacay" for me and Robbie and I even got to sneak in a date night on Wednesday. I loved coming home to see Harper happy and well taken care of, and I know she loved playing with her Grammy all week!!

Thanks so much Gail for coming (and thank you Poppy for not minding!) We wouldn't have made it through last week without you!