It's Robbie. After much scrutiny and lecture, I've climbed back onto the horse and jumped on the blog train once more. I found it a tad humorous that this whole thing was my idea almost a year ago but it took me a minute to remember the password log in.
The blog sensation was fun for a while...then it lost quite a bit of luster. Okay, all it's luster. Yet here I am, thanks to my lovely wife and a friend who will remain nameless (cough, Kriya, cough). Not only have I not read anyone's blog in quite some time, I haven't even read this one. I know what we do and what Harper's up to...why should I have to read about it on the internet? And frankly, I'm a Facebook junkie (and would benefit from an intervention, but that's neither here nor there) so I do my keeping up with folks (read: stalk) via the social networking giant. Anyway...
Today we celebrated Harper's first half birthday. She'll officially be six months old tomorrow, but since Elizabeth and Harper are going to Ohio tomorrow to host a baby shower for Melissa, we decided to throw Harper a party. Overbearing? Without question. But...the manual instructs one to be overbearing with a first child. And I assure you, we've got overbearing down pat. But we had fun and I'd say that's all that really matters.
The blog sensation was fun for a while...then it lost quite a bit of luster. Okay, all it's luster. Yet here I am, thanks to my lovely wife and a friend who will remain nameless (cough, Kriya, cough). Not only have I not read anyone's blog in quite some time, I haven't even read this one. I know what we do and what Harper's up to...why should I have to read about it on the internet? And frankly, I'm a Facebook junkie (and would benefit from an intervention, but that's neither here nor there) so I do my keeping up with folks (read: stalk) via the social networking giant. Anyway...
Today we celebrated Harper's first half birthday. She'll officially be six months old tomorrow, but since Elizabeth and Harper are going to Ohio tomorrow to host a baby shower for Melissa, we decided to throw Harper a party. Overbearing? Without question. But...the manual instructs one to be overbearing with a first child. And I assure you, we've got overbearing down pat. But we had fun and I'd say that's all that really matters.
We've had an absolute blast these last six months and wouldn't trade a second of it. I'd love to give a run down of highlights that have taken place over the last six months from a new dad's perspective, but, some things are better kept to ourselves, and two, I don't feel like typing that much.
On that note, here are some pictures of today's "celebration."


