
And I especially want to thank my parents for making this week so much easier - understatement of the century. They arrived in Atlanta last Friday afternoon (after a sleepless night that started at 10pm when I called wondering if six hours of contractions MIGHT be something to take seriously....) and didn't leave until this morning. In the meantime, they served as personal chef, lawn man, gardener, laundress, grocery shopper, dishwasher, chauffeur, cleaning lady, dog walker, florist, decorator, host and hostess, manicurist, advice givers and babysitters, yet my dad still managed to get a full week's work in and my mom didn't miss a single interview with McCain/Palin - and I think they even changed a few diapers. Now that's dedication. Harper is one lucky girl to have such a wonderful Giagia and Papa and I have a lot to live up to as a mother (and some serious laundry/ironing skills to acquire.)
Perhaps we worked them a bit too hard though - I tried not to take it personally when they left tire marks on the driveway as they peeled out at 6am today, mumbling something about getting back to Memphis in time to have the cars washed. Mels, Rich and Ryan, we sincerely apologize, but after this week we're betting they hire help for you instead of taking on all the manual labor when your babies are born!
Harper's had a wonderful first week. She's sleeping a ton (even at night), which we're certain won't last. She changes a little bit each day and makes the most entertaining faces. Our favorite time is just after she's eaten, when she passes out like a drunk gorilla, limp as spaghetti. It never fails to make us laugh. She even stayed with my parents for a few hours yesterday while Robbie and I went to lunch to celebrate my 30th birthday.
She's a patient model for the zillions of photos we've already taken and seems to tolerate my constant dressing her up with laid back amusement, a personality trait she could only have inherited from her daddy. We really couldn't have asked for a better baby - and she's the cutest thing ever to boot!







