Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Bunny Trail

Harper's first Easter found us hopping down one LONG bunny trail. We'd planned a nice holiday in Atlanta with my parents coming in Saturday afternoon and planning to stay the week to help out with Harper while I filled in at school. But, just as we were going to bed Saturday night, we got a bit of a surprise when my sister called and said she was in labor!

Melissa's call wasn't totally unexpected - her due date was Sunday - but what are the odds of a baby actually arriving on their due date (other than Harper of course)? A few hours later we got the call that sweet Annabelle Irene had arrived in the world, in a hurry from the start, just like her cousin.

Needless to say, our Easter plans flew straight out the window (and up 75 North to Ohio). Sunday morning we put Harper in her Easter bonnet and traveling clothes, took a minute to check out what the Easter bunny had brought and then hopped in the car to meet Harper's best girlfriend.

I've grown up in a family where sister relationships are highly regarded, to say the least. As a result, whenever I meet someone's SISTER, I find myself practically fighting the urge to genuflect. And since we obviously don't have any idea if Harper will ever have a sister, I figure the daughter of my sister is as close as it gets.

We had a great visit in Ohio. Robbie was able to stay until Tuesday and Mom, Harper and I through the week. We had such a good time helping Melissa, visiting with Auntie Bow and Uncle Tim and of course getting to know sweet Annabelle. I even got to spend one night at Melissa and Chase's while Mom and Harper had their own little sleepover in a hotel - how fun to be the auntie and not the momma for a night (and seriously, how much easier)!

Welcome to the world little Annabelle Irene!!!! Can't wait to see you and Harper grow up together. Let the matching outfits begin!!! (and yes, they already have several)