Sunday, February 22, 2009

Under Pressure...

I consider myself a moderately creative person. Martha Stewart I am not, but I have my moments of inspiration. I thought I was pretty crafty when I painted letters for Harper's nursery and I have diligently updated her baby book each month with stories, stats and photos. Do I take a little editor's license with the baby book? Perhaps....but the important thing is, those blank pages are chock full of IMPORTANT moments to remember.

However, I seem to have missed the memo explaining that having a baby significantly raises the old creativity bar of motherhood. Letters and baby books are not enough. Too late this Christmas, I realized that to avoid failing miserably as a new mother, I must craft something display-worthy containing either hand-or-footprints (bonus points for both).

Yes, this was ridiculous, self-imposed pressure, but I couldn't shake the vision of an elementary-aged Harper, crying because all her friends took their crafty hand/footprint memorabilia to show and tell and all she had was an old babybook and some letters.

Well, on Valentine's Day this year, I rectified the situation.....

Robbie painted the turtle. So there.