Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Rice Rice Baby

While Harper napped this afternoon, I decided it was high time to put the highchair together. And once it was together, I figured we might as well try it out. So, following a quick run to the Target baby aisle for rice cereal flakes and heat-sensing baby spoons, I was ready and waiting when Robbie got home from work.

All in all, Harper seemed to enjoy her first taste of actual food (well, if dehydrated rice flakes count as actual food). She was definitely intrigued by the spoon and liked sitting in the highchair like a big girl. Not so sure how much of the snack actually made it into her mouth, but for a first try it went pretty well.

Plus, we got to break in the sweet porridge bowl...and yes, we do have a monogrammed silver spoon to match (much to Robbie's chagrin), but I thought the plastic Target spoon added that certain something to her first meal...plus, I'd run out of silver polish......