Thursday, November 27, 2008

Walking in Memphis...

Harper's had quite a week. Last Friday she and I waved goodbye to Robbie and started on a little early Thanksgiving mother-daughter adventure (photos to come as soon as I get Robbie to download them)

The first "first" of the week was Harper's first flight. I was really nervous to take an 11 week old on a plane by myself, but she did great of course. I'd had serious nightmares of a screaming baby 10,000 feet up and approached the airport with sweaty palms and a diaper bag overflowing with baby gear. To my surprise, I discovered that flying with a teeny one is as close to traveling with a celebrity as I'm likely to get (and her cute traveling duds probably didn't hurt either) The good folks at Delta gave us rockstar treatment from arrival until we de-planed in Memphis - zipping us right through security, helping with the stroller, even letting me sneak into the Crown Room. In fact, I'd be tempted to borrow a baby just for the service.

Harper pretty much slept the entire flight, even during the 45 minute delay on the runway. Once we were airborne, we had time for a quick baby manicure and some sweet smiles to the other passengers and before touching down in the land of the delta blues.....(though no rain this trip)

On Saturday, Giagia hosted a sip and see to introduce Harper to all the Memphis ladies. It was a such a nice, prissy girl party and Harper was an angel the whole time, smiling and sleeping as she was passed from person to person. And Harper finally got to meet her Great Auntie Bow and "aunt" Manth, who came from Cincinnati just to see her (being the first baby in the family definitely has its privileges!)

We marked another first on Sunday when Aunt Melissa, Giagia and I took Harper to St. Louis for a few days. She spent her first nights in a hotel and didn't seem the least bit fazed by the car trip, the hotel or the freezing cold weather. As long as we have momma's milk, clean diapers and some loving arms, Harper is good to go. I swear, this child has got to be the most easygoing baby ever. Robbie and I are in serious trouble if we have another baby...no way will we get this lucky again!

We're back in Memphis now and looking forward to celebrating Harper's first official holiday tomorrow. Turkey Trot here we come!!