And how did I come to possess this important knowledge, you may be wondering? Well, this afternoon, our sweet Harper became a projectile poop machine. It was just too absurd not to share.
Let me preface this by sharing that Harper's Baptism is this weekend and I have spent the better part of a week making to do lists, getting the house ready and making sure every last detail was covered. So, after we ran errands this morning, I fed and changed Harper and got her settled into our (borrowed) swing so I could make pumpkin bread and do some cleaning. Just as I started on the bread, Harper let out a blood curdling scream that had me running to her at top speed. As I reached to unfasten the safety belt, I noticed a peculiar stain seeping out from under her tush...and down her legs, and under the seat, and across the floor....fortunately stopping just inches from the air register.
Needless to say, the next hour was spent bathing a poop-covered Harper, washing her clothes and scrubbing everything in a four foot radius of the swing. Meanwhile, Harper took a nice long nap, clearly exhausted from the ordeal. Oh, and did I mention that Harper seems to only have these episodes when she's wearing her designer duds? Put a Target outfit on and she's clean and dry all day. But just show her a Strasburg or Janie and Jack tag and it's spit up/throw up/poop central.
And another parenting highlight from the Wentz house - apparently our daughter likes to hang out in the garage. Yep, the garage. I put her in the bouncy seat while I did laundry yesterday, and since our laundry area is in the garage, the only place to put her was on the floor next to me. Now, it's not as bad as it seems, I do have a rug out there. Anyhow, Harper LOVED this vantage point and proceeded to sit there for 30 minutes, laughing, smiling and looking around the entire time. I'm not sure what this says about her future....jiffy lube employee perhaps?
Regardless, the Parents of the Year trophy is most definitely not showing up on our doorstep anytime soon. But maybe I'll at least have somebody to pass the laundry off to in the future. Robbie turns the towels blue.........


